We are aware that, due to the pandemic, learning opportunities for children and young people have been seriously affected. The Agency supports the development of South Asian music and is keen to respond to this challenge.
In response the Agency is pleased to offer a number of bursary places for teachers and artists working in South Asian music education and would like to offer support for teachers and artists towards work in creating and providing digital educational sessions for children and young people.
What are the bursaries for?
The bursaries are to support the provision of online South Asian music learning opportunities for children and young people based in Bristol and the South West.
The funds can be used for:
• preparing and delivering online teaching/learning sessions
• developing digital infrastructure
• subsidising fees for online learning sessions based on normal rates
• promoting and advertising online learning opportunities
• increasing the number of children and young people you currently engage with through digital learning.
However, the above list is not restrictive and we are open to other ideas to increase the spread of digital work to children and young people
Bursaries are only available for activity from March – June 2021.
Who is eligible to apply?
• Be a teacher or musician already working with young people.
• Be resident in Bristol/South West – Asian Arts Agency is based in Bristol and whilst we work nationally, this opportunity is specifically aimed at supporting children, young people and artists based in Bristol and the South West where our educational work normally takes place.
• Have a proven track record of running classes for children and young people before the COVID 19 pandemic which have been affected due to the pandemic.
• Have a bank account in their name – successful applicants will be requested to supply online banking details for BACs payment.
• Be able to provide proof of DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) registration.
Applicants must show a clear plan of how the sessions will work, how they will engage with children and young people and what the final outcomes of the project might be.
Amount of Bursary
The bursary is for a maximum sum of £500. This can include artist fees, digital technical costs and essential expenses.
How to Apply
You can apply by completing this form online. Completed forms to be submitted by midday on Monday 1st March 2021. Applicants will be notified of our decision by Monday 15th March 2021.